What is a local business?
A local business is a business operated by a local person in a specific locality or area and sells products and services in that specific location only. A local business is mainly a small family-owned business that carries on from the old generation to the new generation. Local businesses generally have local customers that purchase from them back and forth.
What is a Kirana store?
Kirana stores, also known as ‘General stores’, serve as a centre of groceries and other items for daily use in our locality. You don’t need any specific degree to start a local Kirana store. All you need to have is a business plan and funds. There’s a higher chance of success if you plan and execute your business properly.
Why open a Kirana Store?
- It’s easily accessible to fulfil our daily needs and requirements.
- It helps to build a strong relationship with your regular customers.
- It has low stocking requirements, and the risk level is low too.
- It has credit and discount advantages that help to build customer relationships and boosts sales.
- It has a flexible payment option.
- It also offers a variety of items at your doorstep with a minimum delivery charge in your local areas.
Here we have mentioned a few tips to promote the Kirana store business locally in India:
- Localise your Kirana store: You must localise your business by stocking up and selling locally popular items such as vegetables, fruits, meat, cheese, pulses, etc., that have a higher demand in your locality. You can also advertise about the same online, which is one of the most efficient ways for you to become known in your locality.
- Home delivery: Customer service also affects your sales and your customer engagement. Most people don’t like to go shopping as they think it consumes their time, so they prefer not only ordering online but also getting deliveries of the same on their doorstep. They are more likely to pay the delivery charges for their convenience.
- Social media: Social media has a lot of influence on people; hence you need to take advantage of social media to promote your business. With the help of Facebook, you can share details about your business and create awareness. You can also use it to post about the offer and discounts you offer to your customers. You can also use Whatsapp to promote your business, taking personal orders from your customers and updating them about your offers, sales and discounts.
- Print media: Like social media, print media is also very helpful in creating and spreading awareness about your business. Print media, like newspapers, flyers, pamphlets, etc., can be used for promoting your business. You can also mention the store’s opening or the discounts, offers and upcoming sales in your store in the newspaper, flyers or pamphlets, etc. You can also use posters or banners in your local areas to create awareness and promote your store.
- Offer a variety of products: You must offer a variety of products in your store, from branded to non-branded products, per your customers’ requirements. By expanding your product range, you can increase your customer traffic.
- Google My Business: You can also create your GMB to promote your business which will help people to know more about your business online. It also lets you post pictures of your products and get customer reviews. You can also mention details about your business, like the opening hours, areas served, contact details, service options, etc. People can also contact you or find you with the address and the contact number that you mention on your GMB profile. You can also answer the questions raised by the people.
- Local and classified listing: You can also sign-up for your business on the local and classified listing channels for promoting your business. You can create your account and post your ads on those channels. These channels help get your business on your customers’ radar and boost your sales.